To trade with any Expert Advisor, you will need to sign up for a live or demo account with a Forex broker that offers the Metatrader 4 trading terminal. We recommend a demo account for our new traders until they are comfortable with the way each EA trades.
Your trading account number(s) must be entered into the Account Management Section in the Members Area: HERE before our EAs will operate. You are allowed a total of 6 live accounts, real-money or demo.
INSTALLING AN EXPERT ADVISOR USING THE ZIP FILE : MANUAL METHOD
1. Download the .zip file to your computer and extract the files.
2. Place the EA’s EX4. file into you metatrader 4’s experts folder (programfiles86>metatrader4>experts)
3. Place the EA’s DLL. file into your metatrader 4’s experts>libraries folder (programfiles86>metatrader4>experts>libraries)
INSTALLING AN EXPERT ADVISOR USING THE INSTALLER
1. Make sure you have MetaTrader4 installed.
2. Download the EA installer from the Members’ Area HERE.
- Close any running instances of the MetaTrader4 terminal.
- Open and Run the EA installer.
- Launch MetaTrader4.
3. Open a chart for the 5 minute time-frame (many are EUR/USD by default).
- Right click on the chart and select “Templates”.
- Load the EA’s template.
- Open the MT4 navigator.
- Find WAVE in the list of expert advisors.
- Drag and drop WAVE onto your chart.
- Click OK on the inputs tab to run the EAs default settings.
- Before adjusting any settings on the Inputs tab please read the Input Definitions section.
- Ensure the smiley face in the upper right corner is smiling.
NOTE: If your smiley face is frowning verify that “live trading” and “allow dll calls” is checked in both the EA common tab, as well as the tools/options/expert advisors tab.
Return to Top of Page